Chess Magazine - August 2012
Chess charity gets royal seal of approval!
by The Chess Magazine Editorial Team
Publisher: Chess & Bridge , 2012
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more!
• Tal Memorial, Moscow - More from the fabulous meet-up in Moscow, including some immaculate technique from Magnus Carlsen
• Tal Memorial Interviews - Janis Nisii interviewed five big stars in Moscow... Carlsen, Aronian, Caruana, Radjabov and England’s Luke McShane
• Dortmund Sparkassen - In England we had the ‘Fab Four’ - the Beatles. In Italy they have the ‘Fab One’ - Caruana! Steve Giddins on Fab’s German success
• World Rapid/Blitz Championship - Magnus Carlsen came, saw - and didn’t conquer. He had to be content with silver after Karjakin (rapid) and Grischuk (blitz)
• An Interview with William Hartston - The former British Champion and TV chess presenter is interviewed by Stephen Moss of The Guardian
• Believe It Or Not... - ... a young Israeli and his ability to communicate telepathically with his computer-aided father has caused headaches for chess officials
• Czech Trophy: Navara-Svidler - Yochanan Afek was in Prague to see Peter Svidler overcome David Navara, and enjoy the entertaining sideshows
• Scottish Championship - Angus Dunnington came out of chess retirement for the strongest Scottish Championship ever and saw Jacob Aagaard take the title