ChessBase Magazine 140
Top Tournaments and Annotations by World Class Players
by The ChessBase team
Publisher: ChessBase, 2011
ChessBase Magazine starts the 2011 issue with a premiere. For the first time a women’s tournament, namely the Women’s World Championship in Antakya in Turkey, constitutes the main theme of the DVD.
A lot of games from the WCh have been annotated by the players and even World Champion Hou Yifan, who is just sixteen, comments on two of the wins which were decisive for victory in the race for the title.
The other two tournament highlights of this issue are the London Chess Classic with another triumph for Magnus Carlsen and the 53rd Reggio Emilia tournament with its top class field, which ended in a photo finish between Gashimov and Vallejo Pons.
Amongst the star authors on the DVD there are World Champion Vishy Anand, Magnus Carlsen, Sergei Karjakin, Luke McShane and the two victors of Reggio Emilia.
In addition, with its 13 articles on openings the DVD offers you a host of ideas for your repertoire and tailor made training lessons in the fields of strategy, tactics and endgames.
• London: Carlsen sounds the charge
• Reggio Emilia: Gashimov after tie-break
• Womens‘ WCh: Chinese domination
• Bauer: Scandinavian with 5...Bg4
WORLD CLASS PLAYERS COMMENT
• Chess Media clips from London
• Anand discusses his victory over Carlsen (audio)
• Carlsen shows how he defeated Nakamura
• Karjakin presents his win over Nepomniachtchi
• Gashimov analyses his key game with Vallejo-Pons
• Other annoytated games by, e.g., Caruana, Vallejo-Pons, McShane