Chess Magazine - August 2013
Chess Charity Shines - 10,000 children taught in just 1 year!
by The Chess Magazine Editorial Team
Publisher: Chess & Bridge , 2013
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more!
• A Deserved Triumph - Nakamura collapsed as Gelfand won the Tal Memorial
• British Domination in Haarlem - Yochanan Afek reports from a strong weekender
• Opening Trends - The Reti is enjoying a burst of unprecedented popularity
• The Big Slick - Danny Gormally reports from Purley
• Champion Again After 30 Years! - Norman Stephenson was at the BCA Championship
• A Mental Edge - D.W.Jones’s thoughts on chess and the mind
• Kasparov: The New World Champion - John Saunders looks back on Garry’s exploits in 1985/86.
• The King's Gambit - An extract from John Shaw’s new work
• Never Mind the Grandmasters - Carl Portman on the art of sportmanship
• Chances Are - Peter Lalic’s latest advice for the club player
• Three British World Champions! - A report on the ACO Championships in Crete