Chess Informant 106 - The Most Important Chess Events from May to August, 2009 - by The Chess Informant Team
Publisher: Chess Informant, 2010
Edition: Paperback medium
Chess Informant 106 covers the most important chess events from May 1st to August 31st 2009. It contains a selection of games of many chess players with the top 50 players from the July FIDE rating list as well.
The 781 games (297 full games and 484 fragments) from Sarajevo,Sofia, Leko - Anand (rapid match), Poikovsky, La Habana, Bazna, Dortmund, San Sebastian, Biel, Jermuk, Russia - China (m), Amsterdam and many others are included in this 320 page volume.
This volume also brings:
· the voting for the ten best games and the ten most important theoretical novelties
from Chess Informant 105
· theoretical survey in ECO format
· the most interesting combinations and endings from recent tournament practice
· tournament standings and crosstables
· and the creative output of Rustan Kasimdzhanov.
In the column Modern Chess Theory the most popular lines of C 42, E 04 and E 97 are presented.