Chess Informant 107 (book + CD) - Games played between September - December 2009 - by The Chess Informant Team, Alexander Matanovic (Editor)
Publisher: Chess Informant, 2010
Edition: Paperback medium
Chess Informant 107 contains a selection of games of many chess players with the top 50 players from the September and November FIDE rating lists as well.
On 304 pages, the 736 games (295 full games and 441 fragments) from Bilbao, Jinzhou, Karpov-Kasparov (rapid), Nanjing, Ohrid, Hoogeveen, Novi Sad, Moscow, Khanty-Mansiysk, London, Russia (ch) and many others are included.
This volume brings the voting for the ten best games and the ten most important theoretical novelties from Chess Informant 106, theoretical survey in ECO format, the most interesting combinations and endings from recent tournament practice, studies, tournament standings and cross tables, and the creative output of Magnus Carlsen.
· events held between September 1st, 2009 and December 31st, 2009
· events covered Bilbao, Jinzhou, Karpov - Kasparov (m), Nanjing, Ohrid, Hoogeveen, Novi Sad, Anand - Karpov (m), Moscow, Khanty-Mansiysk, London, Russia (ch), etc.
· contributors V. Anand, Kramnik, Morozevich, Motylev, Vitiugov, Bu Xiangzhi, Ju. Polgar, Tiviakov, Krasenkow, Ivan Sokolov, A. Beliavsky, Va. Salov, Macieja, Bo. Vuckovic, Sjugirov, A. Galkin, Mi. Marin, M. Gurevich, Jan Timman, L. Christiansen, Ch. Lutz, Ar. Jussupow, J. Benjamin, Ribli, Mikhalchishin, Speelman, and many others.
· trademark sections The voting for the ten best games and the ten most important theoretical novelties from Chess Informant 106, theoretical survey in ECO format, the most interesting recent combinations, endings and studies, tournament standings and crosstables, and the best of Magnus Carlsen’s creative output.
· Column "Modern Chess Theory" completely covers three most popular openings B 01, B 76 and D 85.
CD Chess Informant 107, as usual, includes a free supplement of Chess Informant 106 in PGN format (without annotations).