Learn From the Legends 3rd Edition
10th Anniversary Hardback Edition
by Mihail Marin
Publisher: Quality Chess, 2015
ISBN : 978-1-78483-004-5
Learn from the Legends is a modern classic.
ChessCafe chose it as their Book of the Year and IM Jeremy Silman went even further when he wrote: “I can’t recall having seen a better book in the last two decades.”
Ten years after the original publication, Quality Chess offers a revised hardback edition with a new chapter on the latest chess legend, Magnus Carlsen.
Mihail Marin examines and explains the ideas of the legends who shaped modern chess.
The chapters in this book discuss:
• Rubinstein’s excellent rook endgame technique
• Alekhine’s expertise with the heavy pieces
• Botvinnik’s ability for deep analysis
• Tal’s handling of heavy pieces vs. minor pieces
• Petrosian’s positional exchange sacrifices
• Fischer’s strength with the king’s bishop
• Karpov’s handling of bishops of opposite colour
• Korchnoi the rebel
• Carlsen the new king
Mihail Marin is a grandmaster from Romania. His books have established him as one of the world's finest chess authors.