ChessBase Magazine 174
The Magazine for Professional Chess
by The ChessBase team
Publisher: ChessBase, 2016
DVD-ROM + Print:
1. “A fun game”: the world champion in person presents his rapid-fire attacking game against Wesley So in Bilbao. Carlsen - So
2. The decisive game in Saint Louis: Wesley So shows how he outmanoeuvred his rival for tournament victory: So - Topalov
3. Grandmaster against child prodigy: together with Simon Williams find the moves with which eleven year old Vincent Keymer outplayed GM Hertneck – „Move by Move“!
4. Masterclass in Biel with “MVL”: the present No. 2 in the world explains in a video interview with Daniel King his win in the Najdorf over Caruana.
5. Sneaky way in the King’s Indian: in his video GM Erwin l’Ami introduces you to the variation after 8.dxe5 dxe5 9.Bg5 and brings you up-to-date with the latest theory.
6. The poisoned bishop: Maxime Vachier-Lagrave explains the trick with which he caught out Peter Svidler in Biel: Svidler - Vachier Lagrave
7. Mating attack out of nowhere: let Boris Gelfand show show you how he surprised European champion, Ernesto Inarkiev!
8. “Opening Trends”: IM Langrock opens a new series and demonstrates the most important trends in the French Rubinstein Variation.
9. Award your own exclamation marks! Conduct, together with Oliver Reeh, an attack with several hammer blows.
10. WCh dress rehearsal: have Daniel King show you how the world champion dismantled Sergey Karjakin’s king position.
• Sinquefield Cup Saint Louis,
• Sparkassen Chess Meeting Dortmund
• Bilbao Masters
• 10 new opening ideas In Focus: French Rubinstein
• Erwin l'Ami: King's Indian
World class players annotate:
•World Champion Magnus Carlsen
• Boris Gelfand
• Wesley So
• Maxime Vachier-Lagrave
• Simon Williams: Move by Move
• Rainer Knaak: Opening Trap
• Mihail Marin: Strategy
• Oliver Reeh: Tactics