ChessBase Magazine 169
The Magazine for Professional Chess
by The ChessBase team
Publisher: ChessBase, 2015
DVD-ROM + Print:
1. Masterful ease: enjoy Kramnik's attacking win over Topalov with the analysis of the ex-world champion.
2. Eljanov-Nakamura: the best player in the World Cup shows how to defeat the best players in the world.
3. Practical repertoire against the Dutch: Erwin l'Ami initiates you into the subtleties of the variation 2.Nc3 d5 3.Bg5 d5 4.e3 (video)
4. What can you do against the Wing Gambit (1.e4 c5 2.b4 cxb4 3.a3)? In his opening article Robert Ris demonstrates new and surprising ways.
5. Chinese elite chess: play through the game Ding Liren-Wei Yi „Move by Move“ with Simon Williams. (Video training)
6. Overwhelming attack, outstanding annotations: enjoy Sutovsky-Shirov with the analyses of the winner (Najdorf Variation with 6.h3).
7. Missed chance in the World Cup final: together with Karsten Müller find a spectacular drawing possibility in an ending with bishops and opposite colours! (Video)
8. Are there strong doubled pawns? Let Mihail Marin show you when doubled pawns signify an advantage and how to exploit it.
9. “Play of the day”: Daniel King documents the dramatic end of the World Cup tiebreaks between Karjakin and Eljanov. (Video analysis)
10. Tactics to open your eyes: enjoy the most amazing tactical point in this issue! (Interactive video by Oliver Reeh)