ChessBase Magazine 155
The Magazine for Professional Chess
by The ChessBase Team
Publisher: ChessBase, 2013
DVD-ROM + Print:
• Tal Memorial, GP Thessaloniki, Stavanger, European Championship
• 12 new opening ideas: from English to King's Indian
• Mihail Marin reveals secrets of the Queen's Gambit
WORLD CLASS PLAYERS ANNOTATE
• Boris Gelfand
• Fabiano Caruana
• Gata Kamsky
• Zoltan Almasi
• Daniel King: Move by Move
• Rainer Knaak: Opening Trap
• Dorian Rogozenco: Strategy
• Oliver Reeh: Tactics
• Karsten Müller: Endgames
• The surpise winner of the Tal Memorial, Boris Gelfand, provides detailed notes on his decisive game against Nakamura. Fabiano Caruana comment on his victory over world-champion Anand in Moscow.
• For the first time US-champion Gata Kamsky analyses for ChessBase Magazine. He annotates his victory over Dominguez-Perez, the winner of the FIDE Grand Prix in Thessaloniki.
• Zoltan Almasi played a strategical master game in the Sicilian Rossolimo (3.Bb5) against the new European champion Moiseenko, the Hungarian GM offers in-depth analysis on the DVD.
• NEW! Daniel Kings presents his column „Move by Move“ in the new interactive video format with training questions and detailed feedback even when you fail to find the best move. In this issue your task is to win against the King's Indian (Eljanov-Baryshpolets, Kiew 2013).
• Opening video: Opening expert Mihail Marin reveals secrets of the Queen's Gambit in a 30 minutes lecture.
System requirements: Pentium-Processor at 1 Ghz or higher, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard.
Video introduction (Karsten Müller)