Chess for Rookies: Learn to Play, Win and Enjoy! by Craig Pritchett
Chess for Rookies is a fun-to-read, leisurely, yet well-paced guide.
Assuming no prior knowledge of the game, Craig Pritchett takes the beginner on a journey through the crucial basics. Mixing instruction and good humour, this book is an ideal way to learn how to play and win at chess.
* Learn about the chessboard and how the pieces move
* Grasp the relative strengths of the chessboard forces
* Master basic chess tactics and strategies
* Get on top of trickier ideas such as castling and en passant
* Realize when to attack or defend
* Develop your opening, middlegame and endgame skills
* Learn how to use your computer to enhance skills
* Discover where best to play and enjoy chess
And after all that, be ready to play, win and enjoy!
Published August 2009 EU, July 2009 US | ISBN 9781857445350
Format Paperback, 320 pages