Chess magazine December 2013
Full report on 2013 Russian Championship!
by The Chess Magazine Editorial Team
Publisher: Chess & Bridge , 2013
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more!
In this issue:
• Peter the Great - Steve Giddins on Svidler's seventh Russian title
• Youth Prevails - Yochanan Afek reports from the Unive tournament in Hoogeveen
• SOCAR Czechmated in Rhodes - David Navara and Jan van de Griendt annotate
• Opening Trends - The Slav is at no.1, but the Schlecter Slav is not to be feared
• Anand vs. Carlsen - The latest from the big match as go going to press
• The Race for the Super Sixteen - Matt Lunn on a unusual feature at this year's London Classic
• Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess? Saunders on Chess, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Find the Winning Moves, Calendar, Book Reviews.